International affiliated societies
- ICIAM (International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics)
JSIAM is a member society of ICIAM, which holds ICIAM (International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics) every four years. Members of JSIAM, together with the Mathematical Society of Japan (MSJ for short), actively attended past ICIAM congresses since their inception, with recent ICIAMs attracting around 100 participants from Japan. Furthermore, both societies have sent representatives to every ICIAM Board Meeting. Professor Taketomo Mitsui is now the officer at large of the ICIAM Board.
ICIAM 2019 will be held in Valencia, Spain from July 15 to 19, 2019.
- EASIAM (East Asia Section of SIAM)
JSIAM is also a member society of EASIAM, which was formed in 1998 and promotes the application of mathematics to science, engineering, and technology in East and South East Asia. The Section sponsors an annual conference. Professor Takayasu Matsuo (matsuo __AT__ mist.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp) at the University of Tokyo is a Vice President of EASIAM.
- Related societies
- ANZIAM (Australia and New Zealand Industrial and Applied Mathematics, division of the Australian Mathematical Society), Australia and New Zealand
- GAMM (International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics), Germany
- IMA (Institute of Mathematics and its Applications), UK
- SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics), USA
- SIMAI (Italian Society for Applied and Industrial Mathemathics), Italy
- SMAI (French Applied and Industrial Mathematical Society), France
Domestic affiliated societies
- SCJ (Science Council of Japan)
JSIAM is a registered academic society in SCJ. JSIAM has established close relationships with many academic societies in Japan. A member of one of these societies can join JSIAM without charge of admission fee. Detailed information can be obtained from the JSIAM Office.